We all know that the hit of any party is deviled eggs. And you also know that you gotta get in the food line early before they’re all gone!
Sorry to say our Paleo Bacon Jalapeno Guacamole Deviled Eggs recipe isn’t going to make that situation better. In fact, better just make an extra batch to leave at home.
What you need:
- 2 dozen eggs
- 4 large avocados
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 pound uncured bacon
- 3 jalapenos
What you do:
- Boil the eggs.
- Start eggs in cold water with one tsp of the salt, do not cover, and bring just to a boil.
- When the water boils, remove from heat and cover for 10 minutes.
- Run cold water over the eggs until they are cool to the touch.
- This is the best way to keep the yolks from turning brown or green around the edges.
- While the eggs are coming to a boil, finely chop the bacon (kitchen shears work great!) and brown it over medium heat, then let cool on a stack of paper towels.
- Wearing gloves, seed and finely dice the jalapenos. Throw away the gloves and wash the knife and cutting board, and your hands, before going to the bathroom or touching your face…trust us.
- Peel and slice the eggs in half lengthwise, then scoop out the yolks.
- Combine the yolks and all of the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place the mixture back into the egg whites, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until service.
- Garnish however you like and serve!